In present scenario we never expect to do work without PC’s, Laptops and smartphones, either it may be a photographer, businessman, software engineer, an officer or any person. All important information we are saving in our PC or mobile phones only, but what if suddenly you lost all your important files due to virus attack(software bug), corrupt hard disk or by human error (deleting accidentally)? The solution for this critical problem is Data Recovery Software. So here we compiled some of the best Data recovery tools available in market based on types of files they recover, types of storage devices and compatibility with OS (Operating System).
- Stellar Phoenix Data Recovery:
Stellar phoenix Data Recovery is comprehensive and of great support developed by Stellar Data Recovery. If you are regretting your decision of deleting recent files, Stellar Data Recovery tool is here to help you in an effective way.
- It recovers nearly 300 types of files (Outlook emails included) from any NTFS, FAT and ExFAT based storage devices.
- You can save and resume a scan image, which means you don’t have to sit in front of your PC for the scanning to complete if the partition is large (e.g. a 1TB external drive).
- Risk-free program recovers data from different types of storage devices like memory cards, smartphones, USB drives, hard disks etc.
- It offers excellent technical support via knowledge articles, emails, chats and phone calls.
Supported Platform: Windows and Mac OS.
Recuva is created by the software developers Piriform, who are also responsible for the popular CCleaner PC cleaning tool. It is able to recover files that have been “permanently” deleted and marked by the operating system as free space.
- Advanced deep scan mode and Superior file recovery.
- Secure overwrite feature that uses industry & military standard deletion techniques
- Ability to recover files from damaged or newly formatted files
- Easy User interface
- Pictures, audio (mp-3), documents, videos, compressed files and emails from any storage device Windows can read such as digital camera, Hard disk drive, etc.
Supported Platform: Windows 2000 and later not supported to Mac OS.
- Disk drill:
If looking for good data recovery software than Disk Drill developed by Clever Files is also an option. But you will have to pay for the visuals by downloading a 15 MB setup file. It is the new generation of Pandora Data Recovery and inherits its most prominent file recovery functionality.
- It displays all the storage on your PC, the un-allocated space also.
- Displays scanned data in all files, Pictures, Video, Documents, Archives options.
- Allows filtering of scanned files by files and date and Preview option available.
- Can save the recovery session for later use and recover data in the form of a disk image (ISO).
- Deep scan mode available and retains original folder names.
- Only 500 MB space can be recovered in the free version. It is the biggest disadvantage.
Supported Platform: Mac OS and Windows.
- Test Disk:
TestDisk is a free and open-source data recovery utility. It is primarily designed to help recover lost data storage partitions and/or make non-booting disks bootable again when these symptoms are caused by faulty software, certain types of viruses or human error.
- It Allows users to recover/rebuild the boot sector
- It can Rewrite the Master boot record(MBR)
- Fix or recover deleted partition table besides being able to reliably undelete files from FAT, exFAT, NTFS and ext2 file systems.
Being a command line tool, TestDisk hard drive recovery tool may not be suitable for some users for data recovery.
Supported Platform: Windows 10, 8, 8.1, 7, Vista, XP, and older versions of Windows, Windows NT, Server 2003 , Server 2008 Linux, BSD, Mac OS, and DOS also.
- Wise Data Recovery:
As Wise data recovery tool uses advance algorithm, it is one of the fastest undelete tools among the best data recovery software. It is developed by Wise Cleaner. Besides being faster, it also comes with some nice features.
- Easy and an intuitive interface
- Can recover deleted files from local drives, USB drives, cameras, memory cards, removable media devices etc.
- Faster search filter by selecting inbuilt file extension groups using the file’s type.
- As a Wise portable data recovery software version available, so you don’t need to install it.
Supported Platform: Windows 10, 8, 8.1, 7, Vista, XP (both 32 and 64-bit) not supported to Mac OS.
- Undelete 360:
It looks like MS Office an application, the Undelete 360 is built on a fast yet efficient algorithm which enables the user to undelete files. It doesn’t offer any advanced options to customize what type of data you are looking for, all you need to do is scan a drive (removable as well) and see the results.
- Works on a variety of devices such as Digital cameras, memory cards, smartphones, computer hard drives, USBs etc.
- It includes a data-wiping tool, a Hex Viewer along with the ability to preview files before recovery.
- Also able to recover files of a wide variety of types such as DOC, HTML, AVI, MP3, JPEG, JPG, PNG, GIF, etc.
However, scanning speed needs major improvement and this tool also lags out its competition in terms of recovering data.
Supported Platform: Windows 2000 / XP / VISTA / Windows 7 / 2003 or 2008 Server.
- Mini Tool Partition Recovery:
There are many tools available if you lost or deleted flies but what if when you have lost an entire partition? Then you will surely need a tool like Mini Tool Partition Recovery. However, its free version is only limited to 1 GB of data recovery. After that, you will have to upgrade to a paid version. It is developed by MiniTool Solution Ltd. a software development company based in Canada.
- An easy wizard-based interface.
- Specialized in data recovery on an entire partition from IDE and SATA disks but not on bootable disks.
- Just Point Mini Tool Partition Recovery tool at the problematic drive and it will scan for the missing partition.
- Generates a recovery report which will let you know what the program has found to help you in data recovery.
- It supports FAT12, FAT16, FAT32, VFAT, NTFS and NTFS5 file systems.
Supported Platform: Windows 7,8,10 and for Mac OS, software from same company MiniTool Mac Data Recovery is to be used.
- PC Inspector File recovery:
PC Inspector File Recovery which is developed by a German company CONVAR, works well on both FAT and NTFS drives even if the boot sector has been erased or damaged.
- Finds partitions automatically, even if the boot sector or FAT has been erased or damaged.
- Simple search dialog can help locate files by name.
- Recovered files can be restored to a local hard disk or network drives.
- Can recover image and video of several types of files in different formats such as ARJ, AVI, BMP, DOC, DXF, XLS, EXE, GIF, HLP, HTML, JPG, LZH, MID, MOV, MP3, PDF, PNG, RTF, TAR, TIF, WAV and ZIP.
- Recovers files with the original time and date stamp.
However, the interface is a little confusing mess of tabs. So, be careful with this tool. Also, note that if your hard disk is has faced some mechanical damage, you need to look for some specialist.
Supported Platform: PC Inspector file recovery software can run on Windows 10, 8, 8.1, 7, Vista, XP, and older versions of Windows.
9. Wondershare Dr.Fone:
Wondershare’s Dr.Fone is a renowned data recovery tool for both Android and iOS. It is extremely easy to use with step by step instructions.
- This tool can recover Contacts, Messages, Audio, Videos, Photos, Call logs and Whatsapp History, for this just connect your phone to your PC.
- It is compatible with limited brands like, Apple, Samsung, Motorola, Sony, LG, HTC and Google Nexus.
- In free trial it supports upto 5 devices only.
Supported Platform: Windows 10/8.1/8/7/Vista/XP; Mac OS 10.6 to new one 10.12(Mac OS Sierra), iOS 11, iOS 10, iOS 9 and former, iTunes 12.1 and Android 7.0 Nougat.
10. EaseUS MobiSaver:
It is a data recovering tool for Android or iPhone. The working of this is almost same as Dr.Fone, the difference is at supported formats, devices and Price.
- It supports less file types to recover but supports more brands, including Huawei, ZTE, Xiaomi and some other brands.
- It is also a bit cheaper, making it a good choice if you don’t need to recover IM history or Call logs.
- At EaseUs website, you will also find some handy articles to help with recovering data from your Smartphone (the process is a bit complex as compared to PC).
- Recovers data from i-Cloud backup.
Supported Platform: Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Vista, XP, and Mac OS 10.6 to latest 10.13, iOS 11, iOS 10, iOS 9 and former, Android 5.0 to latest 8.0 Oreo.
Hope so you get list of some best Files Recovering Tools. So don’t worry if due to any reason you delete or lost files from your mobile or PC, there is still way to recover them.